Department: SMITHS Drug/GM
Position Reports To: Customer Service Manager Lead
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the companys core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the departments and respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Report pricing and scanning discrepancies to the appropriate manager.
- Process customer transactions quickly, accurately, and efficiently.
- Ensure customer returns and exchanges are handled to satisfy customers while in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Communicate new and on-going special programs and promotions to customers.
- Handle funds, coupons, tenders, etc. according to company policy.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions to capture ordering system integrity (including Computer Assisted Ordering).
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Follow established policies and procedures for post office, money orders, licenses, utility payments, gift cards, gift certificates, lottery tickets, money transfers, data tix, Smith tix, bus passes, store mail, ski passes, Western Union, hunting licenses and keys.
- Observe scheduled shift operating hours.
- Answer all store telephone calls promptly and professionally according to department training.
- Ensure that all current merchandising, customer service, cash control, labor control, expense and supply controls, loss prevention, maintenance, and associate/customer engagement rules are being followed.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines on product returns.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures; identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks/issues and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
- Comply with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be 18 or older
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (e.g., counting, addition, and subtraction)
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Retail grocery
- Customer service experienceSecond language: speaking, reading and/or writing
Keywords: service booth, money services, desk,
Jobs at Smith's:A division of the Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR) one of the nations largest grocery retailers, Smiths currently operates 139 stores and 95 fuel stations throughout seven western states. Smiths charitable giving, in partnership with 18,000+ associates, generous customers and suppliers, totaled $13.8 million in cash and food products to local organizations in 2015. For more information visit: (link removed) or (link removed).
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly 443,000 associates who serve customers in 2,796 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Kroger and its subsidiaries operate an expanding ClickList offering a personalized, order online, pick up at the store service in addition to 2,253 pharmacies, 787 convenience stores, 324 fine jewelry stores, 1,439 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is recognized as one of Americas most generous companies for its support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: UT||Salt Lake City|| 1174 W 600 N ||84116 || Smith's Food and Drug||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Part-Time|| None
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 19054202 utah