Department: SMITHS Fuel
Position Reports To: Customer Service Manager Lead
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales and profit goals established for the store, and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Assist in directing and supervising all functions, duties and activities for the store. Support the day-to-day functions of the store operations. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil codes.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions; note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Observe scheduled shift operating hours.
- Understand and perform cashier functions.
- Responsible for fuel delivery and documentation of fuel inventory.
- Comply with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions to management.
- Maintain state, local and company compliance reports and logs.
- Complete incident and security reports.
- Clean up spills and complete Fuel Spill Report.
- Maintain knowledge of emergency plans numbers and procedures.
- Stock and inventory merchandise in kiosks.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining kiosk and equipment as well as fuel dispensers, vending machines, trash receptacles, customer surfaces, and parking area outside the kiosk.
- Ensure that all current merchandising, customer service, labor control, expense and supply controls, loss prevention, maintenance, safety, food safety, associate and customer engagement rules are being followed.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math: counting, addition, and subtraction
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Must be 18 or older
- Must be able to meet the minimum physical demands of the position.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing.
- Fuel experience
Jobs at Smith's:A division of the Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR) one of the nations largest grocery retailers, Smiths currently operates 139 stores and 95 fuel stations throughout seven western states. Smiths charitable giving, in partnership with 18,000+ associates, generous customers and suppliers, totaled $13.8 million in cash and food products to local organizations in 2015. For more information visit: (link removed) or (link removed).
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly 443,000 associates who serve customers in 2,796 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Kroger and its subsidiaries operate an expanding ClickList offering a personalized, order online, pick up at the store service in addition to 2,253 pharmacies, 787 convenience stores, 324 fine jewelry stores, 1,439 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is recognized as one of Americas most generous companies for its support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: UT||Salt Lake City|| 1174 W 600 N ||84116 || Smith's Food and Drug||[[mfield2]]||Fuel ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Part-Time|| None
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 18912687 utah