Posted: Monday, January 1, 2018 12:10 AM
DescriptionSalary: $13 to $15 hourly
Job Description: Program Assistant: Full time (40 hours per week) position at the National Center on Shaken Baby Syndrome (NCSBS). The NCSBS is located 15 minutes north of Salt Lake City in Farmington, but telecommunicates with the international community. The program and organization offers a hands-on work environment. This position is for a person wanting to work in a non-profit organization. This is an opportunity to join an amazing team playing a leading role in introducing evidence-based infant physical abuse prevention.
Compensation: Hourly pay is $13 to $15 an hour depending on qualifications and experience. Full benefits package includes health and dental insurance, retirement (IRA), sick and vacation leave packages and all legal holidays paid leave.
This person will be assisting with the NCSBS’s evidence-based program the Period of PURPLE Crying: a public health shaken baby syndrome prevention program on normal infant crying. The program is described on the Period of PURPLE Crying web pages (https://dontshake.org/purple-crying) on the dontshake.org website. Should an interview be granted, a general understanding of the program principles is requested.
The Program Assistant’s primary role will be to provide administrative support to the management of the program as well as support to the program coordinator and director. The primary responsibilities are outlined below; this list should be viewed as a starting point, as the position may evolve and grow according to the program’s workflow.
• Assist in providing excellent service to program partners and inquiries; specifically with the monitoring of the online training module and maintaining accurate records and documentation for program accounts.
• Coordinate distribution process, this includes: creating packing slips, invoices and processing payments.
• Develop materials and resources to assist in reporting, verification and presentation of the program.
• Assist the program coordinator and director with special projects, reporting, service and support.
• Willingness to take on other duties as assigned.
• Willingness to bring creative and increased efficiency ideas to the team for program improvement.
• A bachelor’s degree in communications, public or social service, education, business, management or related field preferred. One to three years of professional work experience as a minimum requirement.
• Excellent computer skills are essential including, but not limited to, advanced skills with Microsoft Office.
• Strong verbal and written skills.
• Must enjoy working with and communicating with other professionals.
• Good knowledge of geography is desirable.
• Must be resourceful, self motivated and have a strong work ethic.
• U.S. citizenship or legal right to work in the U.S.
• Enjoy working with people over the phone and email.
• Responsive to customer needs with a sense of urgency.
• Take initiative; work proactively anticipating areas for improvement, troubleshooting and where possible create efficiencies.
• Must be friendly and willing to assist others.