The qualified applicant will function in the role of Lead Business Analyst accountable for Manufacturing, HR and Engineering information systems at the NGC Mission Systems Woodland Hills CA and Salt Lake City UT campuses.
Primary location would be Salt Lake City, UT.
The majority of the applications which will fall under the individual's area of responsibility are in-house developed and utilize a variety of Oracle and Microsoft technologies and tools.
The candidate will have lead responsibility for five (5) software development Analysts located across the two sites, but will also play an active hands-on role in the devlopment and maintenance of software applications. Projects can range in size and scope from small adminstration and configuration tasks to larger software development efforts which could span several months or years. The majority of applications run on the Northrop Grumman unclassified network and are mainly used on the factory floor. The preferred candidate will possess demonstrated experience in information systems supporting all phases of software lifecycle management, up to and including software design, development and testing. In addition, the individual will serve as liaison between the MS sector business partners and the application developers, where he/she will provide overisignt of day-to-day "break/fix" tasks along with more substantial efforts which are reported at the senior leadership level.
The candidate will report directly to a Business Application Services functional manager within the Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Logistics horizontal while also having “dotted line” accountability to the IT Solutions Project Management Office (PMO).
Position responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Oversee resolution of all software related problems for the business unit.
• Gather requirements for manufacturing and engineering software support needs from business partners.
* Collaborate with Salt Lake City lead developer and other IT Solutions stakeholders in architecting software solutions which meet complex business area requirements.
* Provide functional manager and PMO with ongoing status of projects in the form of project briefings (both formal and informal), occurring on a weekly basis and/or as needed.
* Work with IT Solutions Business Management staff and program management in developing labor forecasts and in tracking performance to cost and schedule.
* Interface with IT and business area procurement stakeholders in obtaining quotes and initiating purchase orders for new hardware and software maintenance renewals.
• Support strategic planning of software tool usage through process development, automation and technology
* Assign programming and analysis tasks to team members and track to completion.
• Coordinate routine maintenance of applications (apply and test patches, update service account passwords, address server and application vulnerabilities, support power outages, facilities moves and other off-shift maintenance activities, etc.)
• Coordinate support of Business Applications Services "pace of adoption" initiatives (e.g., Windows 10) and OS/platform upgrades.
* For the candidate's area of responsibility, lead the deployment and institutionalization of the Agile (ALM) initiative, to include transition to Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) for code control, as well as incident and release management, where feasible.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17007894&lang=en
• Post ID: 18076177 utah