Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via Email at: Scott.Johnston@marriott.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Ocean Properties. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, determined, well-spoken Executive Meeting Manager who understands the meaning of “hunting” to proudly sell our Marriott Salt Lake City property.
As an Executive Meeting Manager, you’ll be primarily responsible for ensuring that revenue goals are achieved or exceeded by proactively prospecting, facilitating and closing group business opportunities as well as event execution.
Key responsibilities of an Executive Meeting Manager include:
- Identifying new business that fits sales parameters by using a wide variety of means/tools
- Prospecting for new business through individual creativity and innovation
- Negotiating contracts, ensuring that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented
- Maintaining accurate CI/TY information on all new and ongoing leads and accounts, including solicitation efforts, traces up to date and use of activities list
- Following proper event management procedures for event execution to include, but not limited to, BEO creation, F & B forecasting, resume communication, amenity/VIP designation and room block management
- Producing accurate contracts, banquet/catering event orders and resumes within timeframe set by hotel
- Maintaining accurate and timely internal hotel communication
- Conducting site inspections, local sales calls and attending appropriate trade shows and client events
- Creating a dynamic and positive relationship with customer from sales phase through on site execution of event
The ideal Executive Meeting Manager candidate will have high performance standards, a high level of enthusiasm and thrive in a fast-paced team environment then you are just what we’re looking for!
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and translate into sales solutions
- Experience at a hotel or in sales is a plus
- Knowledge of general sales techniques or evidence of formal training
- Ability to be assertive and persuasive without being aggressive
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
- Organizational skills including follow-up, time management, ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Skills for problem-solving, analysis, effective decision-making, negotiation and interpretation of contracts
- Strong interpersonal communication and networking skills
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, client, and other employees of the organization
- Knowledge of hotel features, benefits, and competing hotels within the market
- Knowledge of CI/TY and experience is a plus!
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here for more info: https://marriott.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=17001KMP&lang=en
• Post ID: 18972462 utah