Northrop Grumman Technical Services sector is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals supporting System and Software Safety. This position will be located in Layton, Utah. In person interviews may be required.
Realize the rewards of conquering a new challenge performing software safety and independent verification and validation analysis. Under the direction of technical program management, the Systems Engineer assesses the system or platform they are assigned and uses their engineering knowledge to evaluate the requirements, design, and the implementation of that design to verify and validate whether the platform will be able to perform its mission safely and effectively. This assessment includes performing detailed evaluation of the software to verify that requirements are correctly implemented in the design and code of embedded computers and that the resulting code does not contain embedded safety hazards. The qualified applicant will have the opportunity to perform analysis on a variety of aircraft (manned and unmanned), weapon systems, and other systems critical to our nation’s armed services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Reviewing and analyzing systems, platforms, applications, and their interfaces to quickly acquire the system knowledge to understand the design and functionality.
Identifying the hardware and software portions of systems for safety and mission critical functionality.
· Performing detailed evaluation of embedded software to verify that software requirements are correctly implemented in the design and code of embedded computers and that the resulting code does not contain embedded safety hazards.
· Identifying requirements, design, and test procedures that will ensure the system will perform as expected.
· Identify code that is extraneous or that could cause unexpected functionality.
· Documenting analysis performed with resulting anomalies identified.
· Presenting findings to peers, customers, and management.
Some travel may be required to support customer milestone meetings and perform testing and safety analyses.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17028927&lang=en
• Post ID: 17877297 utah