Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Manager, Mission Assurance 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Salt Lake City, UT. The Mission Assurance (MA) Manager is responsible for establishing and leading the MA function for the Salt Lake City location; a key element of the Navigation and Positioning Systems (NAPS) business unit within the Navigation & Maritime Systems Division (N&MSD). NAPS designs, builds, tests, and supports Navigation and Inertial Measurement Units for a wide range of Customers.
As a key leader, partner and essential member of the Salt Lake City site leadership team, the MA Manager will lead a high performing MA team of more than 50 employees responsible to facilitate a continuous improvement culture focused on increasing affordability, process effectiveness and efficiency; and will be responsible for executing, monitoring and reporting on the health of the quality system and the quality of the products and services. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated success leading broad organizations within cost and schedule while achieving a high level of employee engagement. The position requires a solution-based orientation, unwavering ethics and values, and the demonstrated ability to be a trusted partner. Candidates must demonstrate a proven track record of solving complex problems through systematic and objective evaluation of information resulting in effective communication, championing, and implementation of change with a diverse set of internal and external customers and suppliers. The Mission Assurance Manager reports to the Division Mission Assurance Director with additional reporting responsibilities to the Site Director of the Salt Lake City location.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Defines and monitors program specifications, quality metrics, internal audit metrics and processes to ensure mission success.
• Promotes the professional development of the Mission Assurance workforce and fosters a collaborative culture that sustains the momentum around employee engagement and inclusion, affordability, innovation, value growth and continuous improvement.
• Maintains the highest level of commitment to quality, compliance and internal controls in adherence to company values and ethics.
• Provides clear assignments, helps employees connect their efforts to the bigger picture, creates an inclusive work environment characterized by mutual respect and the valuing of differences, and builds a culture that motivates employees to their highest levels of performance.
• Assures compliance in quality, risk management, safety, process improvement, subcontractor and supplier quality, configuration and data management in accordance with contractual requirements.
• Leverages comprehensive metrics, customer and employee feedback to assess program performance and risks, and determines resources to ensure mission success.
• Develops and administers budgets, schedules, and performance standards.
• Responsible for the preparation of proposals for the Mission Assurance team.
• Frequent interface with executives and customer representatives including on-site DCMA representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and contractual clarifications.
• Thought leader influencing and impacting strategy for the program, quality, Mission Assurance while driving innovative change.
• Regularly requires analysis of alternative courses of action for continued program quality.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17006515&lang=en
• Post ID: 11331303 utah