Taste Bar Caf - Restaurant Supervisor, Full Time: Fashion Place at Macy s, Inc - Macys (Salt Lake
Posted: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 6:57 PM
The Restaurant Supervisor supports the Restaurant Manager in running an efficient, professional, safe, and profitable food operation while providing service using Magic selling and craveable food and beverage products. Perform other duties as assigned.
Macy s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
- Follows and ensure team follows Food Division Standards and Best Practices
- Responsible for daily operations
- Accountable for sales, expenses, and bottom-line profits
- Ensure team prepares and presents products following Food Division standards
- Follows Macy s merchandising, product presentations and signing standards
- Monitor food quality by completing A.M. and P.M. Line Checks
- Demonstrate a positive role model for Magic Selling
- Effectively deal with multiple customers and communicate customer requests or concerns to other associates and manager on duty
- Support a strong working relationship with store management
- Provide on-going training, feedback, coaching, and staff motivation to all associates to maximize team performance and satisfaction
- Maintain role model standards in grooming, professional appearance and communications
- Meet highest standards of workplace safety, sanitation, and equipment care as set by Health Department and company policy
- Complete scheduling and weekly payroll to maximize associate productivity, labor cost control and customer satisfaction
- Utilize forecasts, daily sales reports and weekly food cost and payroll reports to ensure monthly profit/loss goals are met
- Assist in preparation and production of all menu items
- Assist in ordering and receiving food, beverage, dry and paper goods based budget and needs of the business
- Completes timely payment of invoices according to vendor contracts and Food Division Best Practices
- Responsible for food inventories following Inventory Best Practices to ensure they are taken on a timely and accurate basis to ensure targeted food and liquor costs are maintained
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Education/Experience: No specific educational accomplishment is necessary. Three years of previous restaurant/hospitality and previous shift supervisory experience is required. Health department license or certification and/or alcohol certification as required by state or local requirement. Per state law, a Food Handler's certificate may be required for all food service employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants, coffee bars or any other food service establishment.
- Communication Skills: Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator. Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Reasoning Ability: Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to follow instructions.
- Physical Demands: This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing and talking. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Other skills: Strong leadership profile and must possess excellent customer service skills. Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Must meet any state and or local age requirements for serving alcoholic beverages.
- Work Hours: Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
Working Conditions: This position is exposed to sharp objects such as knives and scissors. This position is also exposed to high levels of heat within an enclosed space. This position is required to use potentially hazardous equipment, such as grills and ovens. Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Work generally occurs in an office environment with moderate temperature and noise level.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Associated topics: backend, day shift manager, front end, frontend, gerente de cocina, gm, operations, operations manager, produce manager, shift leader
• Location: Salt Lake City
• Post ID: 18487962 utah